“We're also told to remember 'four simple things'.”

IMWAN Admin
 Post subject: The Beatles "Lost Decca Sessions" import CD on the Recall label @ $12.97 + shipping
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:45 am 
Helpful Librarian

Bannings: If you're not nice

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VJ3BYC/?tag=imwan-20

Click through the "Used" link and you'll find an Amazon third party dealer offering this title with the following description:

Quote:
These are brand new and sealed from Recall Records

This CD is undoubtedly an import, and I suppose it was a technically legal release because of European copyright laws. Could one of our Beatle experts chime in with more information?

Post subject: The Beatles "Lost Decca Sessions" import CD on the Recall label @ $12.97 + shipping
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:02 pm 

If it's the same Recall Records I know of, they are a division of Snapper, which is, in itself, a division of (or another name for) Charly Records.

Charly has made a habit of releasing recordings of questionable legality over the years and have even relocated a couple of times when the courts starting coming after them.

I share Linda's curiosity about the origin/legality of this one.

I actually have a different CD of the Decca sessions that I bought in a mall record store 15-20 years ago. I listened to it once and filed it away because it sounded so awful. As I recall, it even featured rechannelled stereo! :-)

IMWAN Admin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:29 am 
Helpful Librarian

Bump: the dealer has reduced the price to $10.97 (and also has a slotMusic version for $9.97, believe it or not!) and now says in the description "We are Recall Records". So this is the actual label itself, selling their products directly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 pm 

Linda wrote:
Bump: the dealer has reduced the price to $10.97 (and also has a slotMusic version for $9.97, believe it or not!) and now says in the description "We are Recall Records". So this is the actual label itself, selling their products directly.

Thanks for the heads-up on that detail, Linda. It appears that this is NOT the same Recall Records, which is affiliated with Charly. In this seller's bio, it says that, "... in 1985 I began Recall Records in Bullhead City Arizona. We then did everything on casette tapes, but now we release cd's, vinyl, and video's. We cater to many genres of music from Country, Rockabilly, to Rock and Roll. Our pride and Joy is the new release of the Beatles with Pete Best "LOST DECCA SESSIONS". These are the songs recorded 01/01/1962 at Decca Records in London."

Can anyone report on the sound quality of this set (specifically, in comparison to the myriad of other releases of this material?) The one I mentioned in my previous post is only one of several versions of this material, which I own. And, like this one, it did a respectable job of passing itself off as an authorized release.

Here is Recall's Official Web site... http://www.beatles-lost-decca-sessions.com/

IMWAN Admin
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:54 pm 
Helpful Librarian

Back up to $12.97 now. Wonder if he's running out of stock.

Who is WANline