“The correct answer is James Franco.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  ( Previous )
 Post subject: Best Buy
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:20 pm 

In my opinion, Walmart now has one of the better brick & mortar CD selections of the national big-box stores (WM, BB, Target, Barnes & Noble). That's a reflection of how far the category has fallen. I guess what bugs me most is how these stores shrink their CD sections to almost nothing and then complain about how CD sales continue to plummet. :think:

Jim

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:25 pm 
I HATE MP3'S, RAPPERS AND CORPORATIONS!

FYE still has an ok (I did say "ok", not "great") selection, but other than sale items they're not competitive price wise.

IMWAN Mod
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:24 am 
The Modfather; Wizard of WAN

Bannings: freely handed out
Brick and mortar stores are largely irrelevant to me for retail purchases. Why would I go to Best Buy when I can browse Amazon at home, actually hear samples of songs from the CDs I'm perusing, and order immediately, without getting dressed? :) Now I like a good old fashioned non-chain record store, and I pop in our local shop every now and then to browse for more obscure stuff or just to satisfy the urge to wander amongst actual physical things I can flip through. But the chains and big box stores are out, for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:28 am 
It's only Springtime

JGordonBD wrote:
In my opinion, Walmart now has one of the better brick & mortar CD selections of the national big-box stores (WM, BB, Target, Barnes & Noble). That's a reflection of how far the category has fallen. I guess what bugs me most is how these stores shrink their CD sections to almost nothing and then complain about how CD sales continue to plummet. :think:

Jim

The Walmart closest to me actually has a slightly better selection than the Best Buy.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 am 
Fake Yankee Stadium fail!

Geff R. wrote:
And Pink Floyd is in the F's & Jethro Tull in the T's.......... :sigh:

Everybody else may have hated it, but Pink Uncle Floyd and Jethro was my favorite TV show of the 1980s. :yay:

When things are going bad I try to rationalize them by thinking “Oh well, what’ll it matter in a hundred years.” In a hundred years maybe it won’t matter, but the trouble is that in the next few hours or days or weeks it matters a lot. - Harvey Pekar

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:48 am 

Gary Dunaier wrote:
Geff R. wrote:

Everybody else may have hated it, but Pink Uncle Floyd and Jethro was my favorite TV show of the 1980s. :yay:

i had friend that always called jethro tull, jethro bodine!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:05 am 

JGordonBD wrote:

Jim

I'm currently visiting a state with no sales tax, and am telling myself that this is where I finally need to go to Walmart with about fifty bucks or so and load up on all of the old albums that I was never compelled to purchase at full price--for $5 each. Mostly stuff like the Doors, KISS, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:09 pm 

Brainiac McGee wrote:
JGordonBD wrote:

Jim

I'm currently visiting a state with no sales tax, and am telling myself that this is where I finally need to go to Walmart with about fifty bucks or so and load up on all of the old albums that I was never compelled to purchase at full price--for $5 each. Mostly stuff like the Doors, KISS, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc.

Good idea.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:07 pm 

I second that (e)motion.

Rick A.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:43 pm 
SQUIRREL!

Renny wrote:
Gary Dunaier wrote:
Geff R. wrote:

i had friend that always called jethro tull, jethro bodine!

Tom: "Uh, Joel, what are boobs?"
Joel: "You know, like Jethro Bodine?"
Tom: "Ah. Boobs."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:45 pm 
It's only Springtime

Stopped in the local Best Buy today to pick up a gift card for a relative and noticed most of their catalog CD's had new price stickers covering the old ones. At least on the budget CD's it looked like they had gone up by a dollar, and I suspect the other titles have similar increases. If they haven't already driven CD buyers away with their paltry selection, this should do it for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:16 pm 

I am starting to wonder if there is some sort of pricing collusion going on; including at minimum the USA labels, Walmart, Best Buy & Super D.

If I'm right, I suspect Amazon would eventually file a law suit against whoever the offenders are.

Go to page 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  ( Previous )

Who is WANline