“It makes Batman uncomfortable.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  ( Previous  |  Next )
 Post subject: Fleetwood Mac
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 pm 

Geff R. wrote:
Dr. Chris Evil wrote:
I hear Bekka Bramlett will sing for food.

I think we can safely nominate the CD with BB & Dave Mason as worst Fleetwood Mac album ever!

You know something was amiss, when the best track on the whole thing was Mick Fleetwood's spoken word track "These Strange Times"

Jeff

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:02 am 

Music4Life wrote:
Geff R. wrote:
Dr. Chris Evil wrote:

I think we can safely nominate the CD with BB & Dave Mason as worst Fleetwood Mac album ever!

You know something was amiss, when the best track on the whole thing was Mick Fleetwood's spoken word track "These Strange Times"

Jeff

i liked every christine mcvie track on that album, am i the only one?

renny

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:47 am 

Renny wrote:
Music4Life wrote:
Geff R. wrote:
Dr. Chris Evil wrote:

Jeff

i liked every christine mcvie track on that album, am i the only one?

renny

No!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:27 pm 

Dr. Chris Evil wrote:
They need to get Christine McVie back. She was sorely missed on the last album.

I missed Christine McVie so much on the last album that I ended up putting together my own version of "Say You Will" that incorporated songs from her solo album, "In the Meantime," which came out around the same time. (Sorry, Christine.) I took out two songs each from Lindsey and Stevie, moved some of the remaining tracks around, and inserted about a half dozen of Christine's songs. I works pretty well, I think. Although Christine's songs lack Lindsey's distinctive guitar work, the resulting faux "Fleetwood Mac" album has been a favorite in my car.

IMWAN Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:51 pm 
Helpful Librarian

Bannings: If you're not nice
Quote:
Fleetwood Mac greatest hits tour announced

Fleetwood Mac are set to embark on their first concert tour in five years, and this time it’s a greatest hits outing.

The band will kick off the ‘Unleashed’ tour in Pittsburgh, PA on March 1 and will be performing all their greatest hits from over the course of their career.

Tickets for the tour go on sale to the public on December 15 at livenation.com and ticketmaster.com.

American Express card members will have early access to tickets from December 8 at 10am local time through to December 14 at 10am at ticketmaster.com, excluding Uncasville, Ottawa and Montreal. American Express presale tickets for the Albany, NY show are available at tickets.com.

The dates are:

Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena (March 1)
St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center (3)
Chicago, IL Allstate Arena (5)
Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills (8)
Washington, DC Verizon Center (10)
Boston, MA TD Banknorth Arena (11)
Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum (13)
Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Arena (14)
Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena (16)
Albany, NY Times Union Center (17)
New York, NY Madison Square Garden (19)
East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center (21)
Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place (24)
Montreal, QC Bell Centre (25)
Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre (26)

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/41443

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 pm 
Boney Fingers Jones

You know I've never seen The Mac live. And I like their hits. :)

ELP

“You can't have everything. Where would you put it?”—Steven Wright

Profile E-mail  

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:19 pm 
The Pope of Pop!

Bannings: Banned??? Moi???
JohnG wrote:

Let's go. :ohyes:

I don't suppose they talked Christine into joining the tour. Who will handle the vocals on her songs?

IMWAN Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:25 pm 
Helpful Librarian

Bannings: If you're not nice
Jimbo wrote:
JohnG wrote:

I don't suppose they talked Christine into joining the tour. Who will handle the vocals on her songs?

Paul Rodgers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:32 pm 
I HATE MP3'S, RAPPERS AND CORPORATIONS!

Axl Rose??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:33 pm 

Steve Perry?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 pm 
No one I think is in my tree.

Jimbo wrote:
JohnG wrote:

I don't think they intend to do any of Christine's songs. Sad because "Say You Love Me" alone is a MUST!

I hope they come to Vegas.

"Orphans always make the best recruits." ~ M

My author page at Amazon

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:52 pm 
The Pope of Pop!

Well they can't rightly call it a greatest hits tour and leave out Christine's songs! No "Over My Head"? "Songbird"? "Hold Me," fer chrissakes?

I'll still go for sure, but I'm less excited. What about those rumours that had Sheryl Crow joining up?

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:12 pm 
Boney Fingers Jones

Sheryl's always available! :)

ELP

Profile E-mail  

IMWAN Mod
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:22 am 
Good Stuff, Maynard!

On the "Say You Will" tour, Stevie did Christine's verses on "Don't Stop."

It was weird, but not horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWn63hZXauI
(Embedding disabled by request)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:58 am 

JohnG wrote:
Sheryl's always available! :)

Hmmmmm...................

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:28 pm 

Since this upcoming tour is being billed as a "Greatest Hits" show, I hope they do a couple of Christine's songs. Could they really not? I just got my tix for May 30 at the MGM Grand! I've never seen them live before. It's funny, I remember listening to their records in 1976 and 1977 and thinking I'd like to see them live. It only took me 33 freaking years. That blows my mind. Imagine telling a 16 year-old kid "You'll see that band live in 33 years."

My author page at Amazon

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:12 pm 
Boney Fingers Jones

Me too. Always enjoyed their music but never seemed to catch them live even during The Dance Tour. Jimbo and I will be seeing them at MSG in March!!!!!! :) :) :)

ELP

Profile E-mail  

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:19 pm 
The Pope of Pop!

The first time I saw them was around 1990, after Lindsey left and they had Billy Burnette and Rick Vito in the fold. Then I saw them twice on "The Dance" tour, they were phenomenal.

That March date will be here before you know it!

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:42 pm 
Boney Fingers Jones

I just hope it warms up a bit by then. I hate the cold this year more than ever. Got home form work yesterday completely frozen.

ELP

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:37 am 
I have no fear of this machine

Stevie Nicks clears the air on the Sheryl Crow "issue"...
Quote:
"What happened is that it was absolutely discussed and [Sheryl] absolutely was invited to join the band. The reason was I wanted another woman in the band, because I missed Christine so bad that it was just really hard for me to be in the boys club. What happened was, really... everybody thinks it was just because Sheryl got really excited and told the world about it a little bit too early. That wasn't what it was. I started explaining to Sheryl what it was going to be like to be in this band. It's all-encompassing, and for somebody with a new baby...for a woman in her forties with a new baby, and as loving and as nurturing as Sheryl Crow is... if you know her, you know that she just is a caretaker. We had a conversation at the beginning of this year. I said, 'I rented a studio,' and it was around Mother's Day. 'You need to come in and we need to play music for two days, because we should. It's not an audition for us, it's not an audition for you, it's just us to play music. We'll set it all up and we'll be on a stage and have great monitors, and all your pianos and everything will be set up. We're just going to rock for two days, go out to dinner and hang out. We need to do that.'

She had all these really important plans, because it was her first Mother’s Day, and she was also on the road, so she had to escape out of that for three days. I said, 'You have to do it, you have to come.' That was on a Thursday. She said to me, 'Are you trying to talk me out of this by telling me how difficult this is going to be for me?' I said, 'I'm not. I'm just being truthful with you. Imagine this, when we went on the Say You Will tour, we thought it was forty shows. It was 135 shows. Nobody knew that, but that’s what it was. And that was for an unhappy tour.'

'So it is kind of like joining the army. Personally, it's going to be very hard for you. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I'm just trying to let you know what it is.' So she said, 'Okay, I'm going to think about it,' and she called us back two days later. We were in the car, on speaker, and she said, 'I think I'm going to have to pass.'

I said, 'Honey, as Stevie, your friend,' who spent three solid years with her working on Trouble in Shangri-La in ’98, ’99, and 2000, I said, 'I think you're making the right decision. As Stevie Nicks, I'm disappointed. But as your friend, I think this is the right decision.'

Sheryl Crow passed on Fleetwood Mac, and I want that out there, because people seem to be getting different stories about this. That’s what happened."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:41 am 

Tricky Kid wrote:
Stevie Nicks clears the air on the Sheryl Crow "issue"...
Quote:
"What happened is that it was absolutely discussed and [Sheryl] absolutely was invited to join the band. The reason was I wanted another woman in the band, because I missed Christine so bad that it was just really hard for me to be in the boys club. What happened was, really... everybody thinks it was just because Sheryl got really excited and told the world about it a little bit too early. That wasn't what it was. I started explaining to Sheryl what it was going to be like to be in this band. It's all-encompassing, and for somebody with a new baby...for a woman in her forties with a new baby, and as loving and as nurturing as Sheryl Crow is... if you know her, you know that she just is a caretaker. We had a conversation at the beginning of this year. I said, 'I rented a studio,' and it was around Mother's Day. 'You need to come in and we need to play music for two days, because we should. It's not an audition for us, it's not an audition for you, it's just us to play music. We'll set it all up and we'll be on a stage and have great monitors, and all your pianos and everything will be set up. We're just going to rock for two days, go out to dinner and hang out. We need to do that.'

She had all these really important plans, because it was her first Mother’s Day, and she was also on the road, so she had to escape out of that for three days. I said, 'You have to do it, you have to come.' That was on a Thursday. She said to me, 'Are you trying to talk me out of this by telling me how difficult this is going to be for me?' I said, 'I'm not. I'm just being truthful with you. Imagine this, when we went on the Say You Will tour, we thought it was forty shows. It was 135 shows. Nobody knew that, but that’s what it was. And that was for an unhappy tour.'

'So it is kind of like joining the army. Personally, it's going to be very hard for you. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I'm just trying to let you know what it is.' So she said, 'Okay, I'm going to think about it,' and she called us back two days later. We were in the car, on speaker, and she said, 'I think I'm going to have to pass.'

I said, 'Honey, as Stevie, your friend,' who spent three solid years with her working on Trouble in Shangri-La in ’98, ’99, and 2000, I said, 'I think you're making the right decision. As Stevie Nicks, I'm disappointed. But as your friend, I think this is the right decision.'

Sheryl Crow passed on Fleetwood Mac, and I want that out there, because people seem to be getting different stories about this. That’s what happened."

Funny about all of this because I'd read earlier that Mick Fleetwood said Sheryl blew it by "announcing" she was joining the band before the band finalized it. This weekend, Lindsey Buckingham was on a local Vegas radio station and confirmed the Mick Fleetwood version!

My author page at Amazon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:46 am 

Fleetwood Mac & Drama............. NEVER!

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  ( Previous  |  Next )

Who is WANline