“WANtum mechanics at work.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  ( Next )
 Post subject: Fleetwood Mac
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:54 pm 

Crow Says She'll Sing With Fleetwood Mac

LOS ANGELES — Sheryl Crow says she'll soon be singing with Fleetwood Mac, a move sure to give new life to the classic rock band, which hasn't toured in several years.

"I don't want to make any official announcements, but I will say that we definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens," Crow told the AOL music Web site Spinner.com in a story posted Thursday.

The 46-year-old singer didn't give a date, but said it could happen next year.

She's already thinking about what she'd like to perform. "I'd love to do `The Chain,' I'd love to do `Second Hand News,'" Crow said.

Crow said she looked forward to working with friend Stevie Nicks.

"I think the person I learned the most hands-on from is Stevie Nicks because she allowed me not only to co-write with her but also to produce her, and she's a true artist," she said.

Crow would give the band and Nicks a boost. According to Spinner.com, Nicks had said she wouldn't continue with Fleetwood Mac without keyboardist Christine McVie, who retired from touring in 1998. McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in 1970 shortly after marrying the band's bass guitarist, John McVie.

Fleetwood Mac last toured in 2004.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:10 pm 
AKA "Grrreg"

Bannings: uh, no.
I think it's a great idea. I think it could work really well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:41 pm 
I HATE MP3'S, RAPPERS AND CORPORATIONS!

I'll buy the cd!

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:50 pm 
The Pope of Pop!

Bannings: Banned??? Moi???
I'd pay to see that!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:54 am 

With Lindsey Buckingham still in control? I have my doubts.

I think Crow should join Journey. :ohyes:

MagicMan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:02 am 
Pure Evil Gold!!

Bannings: Ask Linda
Jimbo wrote:
I'd pay to see that!

That's what they're counting on. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:03 am 
Pure Evil Gold!!

Magic Man wrote:
With Lindsey Buckingham still in control? I have my doubts.

I think Crow should join Journey. :ohyes:

MagicMan

I think she already did. She was in the band for about 15 minutes. After she left Van Halen, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:17 pm 

from Billboard.com--

Fleetwood Mac Plots Return -- With Or Without Crow

March 25, 2008, 2:25 PM ET
Gary Graff, Detroit

Fleetwood Mac -- with or without Sheryl Crow in tow -- is planning to be active again.

Singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham -- who's just released a new concert DVD, "Live at the Bass Performance Hall," from his 2006-07 solo tour -- tells Billboard.com that the group is "looking at the idea of touring sometime in the first half of 2009," possibly with some new material to play.

In recent weeks Crow, who's friendly with Mac's Stevie Nicks, has talked about joining the band, which Buckingham acknowledges is a possibility, though he adds, "I don't think anything is written in stone yet."

"I think we were all a little surprised (Crow) was announcing that to the world with such certainty," Buckingham says with a laugh. "We have talked about the possibility of bringing another woman into the scene to kind of give Stevie a sort of foil and shake it up a little bit. (Crow) was certainly a name that has come up. We'll have to see."

Nicks has been the group's sole female member since Christine McVie retired from the band in the late '90s. Buckingham says that he has "a ton of new stuff" that could be used for a new Fleetwood Mac album, though he adds that he might want to step back from the production role he's had in the band.

"I don't think I want to produce again 'cause it takes so much," he explains. "Whatever happens we'll all sit in a room and make something work as a group. a little more like we used to, sort of try to open it up and get everyone sharing the activity a little more."

Buckingham, meanwhile, is also planning another solo album -- the follow-up to 2006's "Under the Skin" -- for this summer. Recorded with members of his touring band as well as Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, it "has a little more of a rock feel to it" than "Under the Skin," according to Buckingham. "It's just another group of tunes that hopefully will translate to stage, and hopefully we can get some more (solo) dates this summer."

Formerly signed to Reprise, Buckingham says he's a "free agent" now, without a label deal as a solo artist. "We're gonna figure out who wants to put it out," he says of the as-yet untitled album. "I'm keeping an open mind. People need to hear the music and we'll see what they think and what the best situation for it will be."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:49 pm 

I hope they do some new material.Otherwise, I'm not real interested.
I wonder if Stevie has changed her mind about not touring without Christine.
I do wish Fleetwood and McVie would make up and play nice with Bob Welch. That, to me, would be a very interesting lineup, whether Stevie comes on board or not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:17 pm 

Frankly, I'm more excited to hear about the upcoming solo album from Lindsey than any Fleetwood Mac news. "Under The Skin" was such a wonderful album, and I want more of that.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:15 am 

Here's a variation on the article stevef posted above: (are articles are getting like cd's, with various exclusive editions??!)

Fleetwood Mac surprised by Sheryl Crow claim

By Gary Graff Tue Mar 25, 6:25 PM ET

DETROIT (Billboard) - Sheryl Crow's recent claim that she would be working with Fleetwood Mac surprised a lot of people -- including the members of the classic rock group.

Crow, 46, who's friendly with Mac's Stevie Nicks, told the AOL music website Spinner.com earlier this month that she and the band "definitely have plans for collaborating in the future, and we'll see what happens."

"I think we were all a little surprised (Crow) was announcing that to the world with such certainty," Fleetwood Mac principal Lindsey Buckingham, 58, told Billboard.com with a laugh.

"We have talked about the possibility of bringing another woman into the scene to kind of give Stevie a sort of foil and shake it up a little bit. (Crow) was certainly a name that has come up. We'll have to see."

Nicks, 59, has been the group's sole female member since Christine McVie, now 64, retired from the band in the late '90s.

Buckingham said the group, which last toured in 2004, is considering returning to the road in the first half of 2009, possibly with some new material. He said that he has "a ton of new stuff" that could be used for a new Fleetwood Mac album, its first since 2003's "Say You Will."

Buckingham -- who's just released a new concert DVD, "Live at the Bass Performance Hall," from his 2006-07 solo tour -- is also planning another solo album for this summer.

Recorded with members of his touring band as well as Fleetwood Mac co-founders Mick Fleetwood, 60, and John McVie, 62, he said it "has a little more of a rock feel to it" than his most recent effort, 2006's "Under the Skin."

"It's just another group of tunes that hopefully will translate to stage, and hopefully we can get some more (solo) dates this summer."

Reuters/Billboard

IMWAN Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:35 pm 
Helpful Librarian

Bannings: If you're not nice
Quote:
Fleetwood Mac to tour next year

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham has said the legendary band will reform in early 2009 to prepare for a tour, the band’s first since 2003.

Buckingham also said a new album is in the works too, and will likely follow the live shows.

"I think maybe there was even a sense that we would make a better album if we went out and hung out together first on the road ..." he told Billboard.com. "Maybe even sowing some seeds musically that would get us more prepared to go in the studio rather than just going in cold. It takes the pressure (off) from having to go in and make something cold."

Rumours that Sheryl Crow would join the band on the road were kyboshed by Buckingham, who said that the band and Crow talking about the possibility of her joining for the tour was a result of Stevie Nicks’ feeling outnumbered by males on the last tour.

"I think with Stevie (Nicks) ... maybe to some degree there was a little too much testosterone on stage when we went out in 2003, and I think the band was looking to kind of balance that out a little bit," he said. Crow’s participation "just kind of lost its momentum."

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/38428

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:38 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

They need to get Christine McVie back. She was sorely missed on the last album.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:06 pm 

Dr. Chris Evil wrote:
They need to get Christine McVie back. She was sorely missed on the last album.

I'm with you on that. At this point, the only thing that would excite me would be a reunion of the Peter Green era band. That would be fun.

IMWAN Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:08 pm 
Helpful Librarian

Bannings: If you're not nice
Bob Welch might be available ....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:09 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

I hear Bekka Bramlett will sing for food.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:22 pm 

Dr. Chris Evil wrote:

I think we can safely nominate the CD with BB & Dave Mason as worst Fleetwood Mac album ever!

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:54 pm 

Geff R. wrote:
Dr. Chris Evil wrote:

I think we can safely nominate the CD with BB & Dave Mason as worst Fleetwood Mac album ever!

Indeed, although Christine still threw in a winner or two on the album.

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:27 am 

Jay wrote:
Geff R. wrote:
Dr. Chris Evil wrote:

Indeed, although Christine still threw in a winner or two on the album.

:ohyes:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:05 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

Geff R. wrote:
Dr. Chris Evil wrote:

Actually, I didn't buy that album. But I heard it...wasn't so good.

I kept wondering why Dave Mason wasn't getting back with Winwood and Capaldi for that Traffic reunion that was going on around that time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:22 pm 

Weren't there some personality clashes with them??

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:23 pm 

i don't think mason and winwood have gotten along for quite some time.

renny

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  ( Next )

Who is WANline