“Still using official Charles O. Finley orange baseballs at our home games.”

IMWAN Admin
 Post subject: [2014-01-07] Blood, Sweat And Tears "The Complete Columbia Singles" 2-CD set (Real Gone)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:34 pm 
Helpful Librarian

Bannings: If you're not nice

Product Description
They were a pioneering jazz-rock outfit and a hit singles band (which shows how progressive pop music got in the late ‘60s/early ‘70s) that wowed fans and critics alike. They were Blood, Sweat & Tears—and this two-CD, 32-track set offers not only the most comprehensive collection ever compiled of their work, but also the most appropriate lens through which to view their long and often chaotic career. Very few bands experienced the kind of turnover that Blood, Sweat & Tears did and lived to tell the tale—the group began with the Blues Project’s Steve Katz and Al Kooper as their visionary leaders, but Kooper left after their first album, to be replaced by David Clayton-Thomas as lead singer, thus launching the band’s “classic” period punctuated with such hits as “You’ve Made Me So Very Happy,” “And When I Die” and “Spinning Wheel” (here in their rare mono single mixes). After their fourth album, B. S. & T: 4, Clayton-Thomas and original members Fred Lipsius and Dick Halligan left en masse, yet the band soldiered on, winding up with only one original member—drummer Bobby Colomby—by the time they called it quits with Columbia. Yet, through it all, Blood, Sweat & Tears maintained a remarkably high level of musicianship and material throughout their stint with the label, and their innovative use of jazzy horn arrangements in a rock context paved the way for such bands as Chicago, Cold Blood, Chase and If. Along the way, they also integrated elements of psychedelia, R&B, folk and classical music into their jazz-rock framework to produce an eclectic mix of recordings unlike that of any other band of the era. Blood, Sweat & Tears: The Complete Columbia Singles follows the band through every phase and configuration, and features five single versions/mixes making their first appearance on CD. Producer Ed Osborne’s notes include fresh quotes from Steve Katz, and the entire set is beautifully remastered by Vic Anesini at Battery Studios in NYC. The ultimate look at an underrated band..

CD 1
1. I Can’t Quit Her
2. House In The Country
3. You’ve Made Me So Very Happy
4. Blues—Part II
5. Spinning Wheel
6. More And More
7. And When I Die
8. Sometimes In Winter
9. Hi-De-Ho
10. The Battle
11. Lucretia Mac Evil
12. Lucretia’s Reprise
13. Go Down Gamblin’
14. Valentine’s Day
15. Lisa, Listen To Me
16. Cowboys And Indians

CD 2
1. So Long Dixie
2. Alone
3. I Can’t Move No Mountains
4. Velvet
5. Roller Coaster
6. Inner Crisis
7. Save Our Ship
8. Song For John
9. Tell Me That I’m Wrong
10. Rock Reprise
11. Got to Get You Into My Life
12. Naked Man
13. No Show
14. Yesterday’s Music
15. You’re The One
16. Heavy Blue

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJ7CVAA/?tag=imwan-20

Post subject: [2014-01-07] Blood, Sweat And Tears "The Complete Columbia Singles" 2-CD set (Real Gone)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:14 pm 

This is a no-brainer. Rare mono mixes to boot. I'm in!

Rick A.

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:50 pm 
The Pope of Pop!

Bannings: Banned??? Moi???
Because I don't have enough BS&T comps already.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 am 
Bigger and Better!

LIF: 1
I'm not scared of buying. And I, don't really care.

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:04 am 
Boney Fingers Jones

You've made me so very happy.

ELP

“You can't have everything. Where would you put it?”—Steven Wright

Profile E-mail  

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:17 am 

a nice compliment to the other 2CD BS&T comp.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:30 pm 

There are a couple of bloopers on the cover artwork shown above. Not only is trumpeter Forrest Buchtel's name misspelled, it's highlighted twice while original saxman Fred Lipsius's name isn't bolded at all. These are small quibbles that don't affect the music, but it's puzzling since someone went through the trouble of listing the band members in this fashion. Perhaps this isn't the final artwork?

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:57 pm 

JGordonBD wrote:
There are a couple of bloopers on the cover artwork shown above. Not only is trumpeter Forrest Buchtel's name misspelled, it's highlighted twice while original saxman Fred Lipsius's name isn't bolded at all. These are small quibbles that don't affect the music, but it's puzzling since someone went through the trouble of listing the band members in this fashion. Perhaps this isn't the final artwork?

Jim

I'll bet you could post this on the REAL GONE MUSIC Facebook page and get a speedy reply. They are pretty good about that.

Profile E-mail  

Who is WANline