“WANtum mechanics at work.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  ( Previous  |  Next )
 Post subject: [2012-11-06] Aerosmith "Music From Another Dimension" (Columbia)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:55 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

Bannings: Ask Linda
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmit ... ven-tyler/

Aerosmith’s New Album Written Except for Lyrics, Says Steven Tyler
by: Dave Swanson

While on a press jaunt to promote the new season of ‘American Idol,’ Steven Tyler dished a little info on the long in the works new Aerosmith album, and it sounds like it won’t be all that long till we get our hands on it.

“All of it’s been written but I gotta lay lyrics on it and I haven’t had a lot of time,” he said while speaking at a press conference for the Television Critics Association, “But what I’ve listened to so far just knocked me out. I know a good song, I know what’s gonna get played on the radio.” Humbly adding “I’m not that pretentious to say I think we’ve got hits, but I think we’ve got something, and that’s all that matters.”

Aerosmith haven’t released an album of all original material since 2001′s ‘Just Push Play’. The band began recording material last year while Tyler was doing his TV thang. Famed producer Jack Douglas, who worked on most of the band’s classic early albums including ‘Get Your Wings’, ”Toys In The Attic,’ ‘Rocks’ and ‘Draw The Line,’ assisted the band again this time out. That’s a lot of rock history to live up to, but last year guitarist Joe Perry told fans via Twitter, “People have said when we play the rough tracks it sounds like it’s from the ’70s.”

As reported earlier this week, Tyler claims that Aerosmith catalog sales are way up due to his ‘American Idol’ gig, which starts up for another season on Jan. 18. Will those sales continue to skyrocket? Time will tell, but hey…what d’ya say Steven…let’s get that new Aerosmith album going! Put that J. Lo roller skating party a bit lower on your to-do list and you know… rock!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:25 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmit ... rly-stuff/

Aerosmith Guitarist Joe Perry: New Record ‘Has a Feel Like Some of the Early Stuff’
by: Joe Robinson

Are Aerosmith going retro on their new album, the as-yet-untitled platter that’s due to surface later this year? If ’Smith guitarist Joe Perry‘s recent comments are any indication of the direction the album is taking, that question could be answered with a resounding “yes.”

“It definitely has a feel like some of the early stuff,” Perry tells the QMI Agency. “We’ve tried to bring that back. People are always asking for something that sounds like the old stuff, but you can’t rewrite ’Mama Kin’ or ’Same Old Song And Dance.’ All you can do is go in and start from the same place you started when you made those records.”

One way the band achieved a classic sound is by duplicating their old composition process, which for Aerosmith meant everybody working together at the same time.

“We were all in the room when we were pulling these songs together and recording them,” Perry explains. “Every way that we used to make our records, that’s what we did to get this to where it is. Right down to what we’re doing now, which is going over the tracks and bringing them up to speed.”

Singer Steven Tyler is finishing up the lyrics around his commitments as on judge on ‘American Idol,’ Perry says, and “hopefully we’ll have it done in the next month or so.”

Then he adds a little nugget of news that will make Aerosmith fans very, very happy:

“And we’re definitely touring this summer. We’re gonna put tickets on sale in February or March and we’re going on the road in June.”

Don’t thank us, we’re merely the messenger!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:17 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

Oooh! We'll actually get one new song this summer!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmit ... ican-idol/

Aerosmith Plan Summer Soundtrack Single, Possible ‘American Idol’ Appearance
by: Jeff Giles

At 60, Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford has reached the age when most guys are happy just to put their feet up and yell at the neighborhood kids to get off their lawn, but not even preparations for the band’s upcoming album are enough to keep him busy — he’s also on the road with the Experience Hendrix tour, where he recently shared a bit of news about when you can expect to hear new music from Aerosmith.

“I think people are going to see a lot of Aerosmith later in the year,” Whitford told the descriptively named Times-News. “We’ve got a new song that’s gonna be used in a major motion picture this summer, so that’s probably the first new music fans will get to hear. We may even debut it on ‘American Idol’ in May. We’re definitely planning on touring the U.S. later in the summer.”

So what does that mean for the band’s first collection of original material since 2001′s ‘Just Push Play’? “As for the new CD, the music is done,” said Whitford. “We’re just waiting to get some of the vocals added in. Hopefully, we’ll have that done sooner rather than later. It’s been a decade since we last had new music out, and I know I’m ready for it.”

Whitford certainly isn’t alone in that regard. Fans have been clamoring for new Aerosmith for years, and that buzz has only intensified since the band hit the studio with producer Jack Douglas last year, posting periodic video dispatches along the way. More recently, word has started to leak out that the new recordings are heavily reminiscent of the band’s early albums, with popular rock pundit Bob Lefsetz claiming it’s “like being jetted back to the ’70s.”

Aerosmith kicks off its next tour on June 18; in the meantime, Whitford is enjoying his fourth tour with Experience Hendrix, playing the guitar legend’s music with an all-star lineup that includes Buddy Guy, Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Taj Mahal, Keb’ Mo’, and others.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:21 pm 

Four out of Aerosmith’s five members (all the guys except guitarist Brad Whitford, who was touring on the “Experience Hendrix” run) recently got together at the Grove mall in Los Angeles to officially broadcast news of their Global Warming Tour and answer some questions about the tour and the band’s long-awaited, upcoming album.

Frontman Steven Tyler revealed some new information about the rockers’ fresh studio effort, which the boys have been laboring over in Los Angeles for several months. Tyler dropped a few song titles – “Beautiful,” “Legendary Child” and “Out Go the Lights" – and then commented that the record, “will be out in three months.”

Tyler added that the album was “almost done,” and that Aerosmith have two more songs to finish before entering the mixing phase. “It should take us another month and a half, two months, and we’ll be in your face before you know it,” he said.

Say you don’t want to wait a few months for it? Bass player Tom Hamilton announced that, “A couple of singles [will be released] between now and then.”

On the upcoming Global Warming Tour with Cheap Trick, Les Paul-playing guitarist Joe Perry promised a mix of the old and new. “This is the first time we're gonna get to go out [and] actually play some new songs off our new record for our fans… along with the old good ones or the good old ones or whatever. So, we can't wait to bring this thing home.”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:17 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

Why does this not surprise me...?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmit ... september/

Aerosmith Album Reportedly Delayed Until September

by: Dave Lifton

When Aerosmith announced its ‘Global Warming‘ tour with Cheap Trick last month, most people expected that the shows would be in support of a new album. Hopes were high that the new album would be out in July. The band was even talking it up in interviews. However, bassist Tom Hamilton recently said that the album would not be released in time.

Speaking to Newfoundland radio station 97.5 FM K-Rock on April 19, Hamilton confirmed that the album would be “just about done” by the time the band plays the Freshwater Suzuki Salmon Festival in Grand Falls Windsor on July 14. Morning show host Mike Campbell said that Aerosmith’s performance would be the biggest show in the history of Newfoundland.

“That’s great,” Hamilton said. “That makes me even more excited about having an album that’s going to be just about done and having new songs to play because obviously it’s much more exciting when you can go out and show stuff that you just came up with. It shows that you still have your creative spark.”

The as-yet untitled album will be Aerosmith’s first collection of original material since 2001′s ‘Just Push Play.’ Jack Douglas, who produced the band’s legendary 1970s output, is behind the boards for the new project.

The audio provided doesn’t specify when Aerosmith’s new album will be out. However, their website is saying September, so it’s possible that it was edited out of the interview.

Aerosmith and Cheap Trick will begin their ‘Global Warming’ tour in Minneapolis on June 16. The June 29 show at the Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y. will be presented by Ultimate Classic Rock

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/aerosmit ... ican-idol/

Aerosmith to Debut New Single on ‘American Idol’

by: Billy Dukes Yesterday

The season finale of ‘American Idol‘ will feature a performance from judge Steven Tyler‘s full-time band. According to Joe Perry, the rockers will debut the first single from their upcoming new album during the May 23 Fox broadcast.

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Perry explains that he never had any problem with the television show when Tyler took the judging gig in 2010. “It was about how we found out about it,” the guitarist explains. “I was pissed off about that whole thing, but I’ve played on it before and the band is gonna play on it in the last episode of the season to debut the new single. So it’s not about the show, it’s about how we found out about it. It was a bit of a shock and it took us off balance.”

There’s no word on what the single is called, or what direction it will take although rumors have had the band going back to the sound of some of their albums from ’70s. Producer Jack Douglas is back, and Perry says they’re nearing the finish line. “We have a couple of tracks left to finish up, just to put some overdubs on, but we’re kind of going from the final, final recording tracks to mixing this week.” Previous reports have the album’s release in September.

Expect to hear some of the new material when Aerosmith hits the road this summer. While the band has previously chosen the hits over new tracks, Perry says he wants to include about four new songs in each set. They’re also looking to go deep into the back-catalog, selecting choice album cuts. He mentions ‘Woman of the World’ from ‘Get Your Wings’ as a song that may make the cut.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 pm 
I HATE MP3'S, RAPPERS AND CORPORATIONS!

There isn't a bad song on the 1st 2 albums.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:55 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

There isn't a bad song on the first four albums.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:14 am 

I actually am not that fond of most of side 2 of the vinyl version of Toys (though i LOVE side 1). And while I like Rocks, other than the 1st 2 songs I've never felt it was as strong as the first 3.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:09 am 

Actually the first five are must haves in any self-respecting rock and roll collection. "Draw The Line" just for reference to what can, and did, happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:26 am 
Pure Evil Gold!!

Draw The Line is uneven, to be sure, but it does have the title track and "Kings And Queens," which is a masterpiece in my opinion. It's certainly better than Just Push Play as a whole.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:56 am 

Aerosmith's 70's output is mostly pretty good, except for one embarassing song: "Big Ten Inch Record".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:23 pm 

Dr. Chris Evil wrote:
Draw The Line is uneven, to be sure, but it does have the title track and "Kings And Queens," which is a masterpiece in my opinion. It's certainly better than Just Push Play as a whole.

:agree: Just Push play is so mediocre that I sold my BB exclusive version for peanuts a few years back.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:24 pm 

Brainiac McGee wrote:
Aerosmith's 70's output is mostly pretty good, except for one embarassing song: "Big Ten Inch Record".

I LIKE that song! :twisted: It's actually an old 20's or 30's blues they reworked.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:24 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

Geff R. wrote:
Dr. Chris Evil wrote:

:agree: Just Push play is so mediocre that I sold my BB exclusive version for peanuts a few years back.

I listened to DTL a while back and while certainly not great, it's not as bad as its cracked up to be. The band wasn't firing on all cylinders, but at least they still rocked.

I would also take Rock In A Hard Place or Done With Mirrors over JPP. Flawed albums, yes, but they too have their moments as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:00 pm 

Aerosmith have revealed that their new album will be entitled ‘Music from Another Dimension’ and be released on August 28.

The 14-song collection, which as you can see features cover art straight out of a vintage monster movie, will be the band’s first studio record of all-new material since 2001′s ‘Just Push Play.’

Aerosmith debuted the first track off ‘Music from Another Dimension’ last night (May 23) on ‘American Idol.‘ The retr0-leaning ‘Legendary Child’ seems to deliver on the band’s promise to revisit the sound of classic albums such as ‘Toys in the Attic’ and ‘Rocks.’ You can check out our review of the studio version of the track here.

The band will kick off their 2012 Global Warming tour in support of the new album on June 16 in Minneapolis, Minn. You can get the complete list of dates here.

Ultimate Classic Rock will be presenting the band’s June 29 show in Albany, N.Y.

Aerosmith ‘Music From Another Dimension’ Tracklist:

01. ‘What Could Have Been Love’
02. ‘Beautiful’
03. ‘Street Jesus’
04. ‘Legendary Child’
05. ‘Oh Yeah’
06. ‘We All Fall Down’
07. ‘Another Last Goodbye’
08. ‘Out Go the Lights’
09. ‘Love Three Times a Day (Hello Goodbye)’
10. ‘Closer’
11. ‘Shakey Ground’
12. ‘Lover A Lot’
13. ‘Freedom Fighter’
14. ‘Up On The Mountain’

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085RQLXK/?tag=imwan-20

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:25 pm 
Pure Evil Gold!!

I was hoping to get to this thread in time to break the news of the album and single release, but Pete scooped me!

What a surprise!

Well, I did update the release date and album title, so hah!

:D

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 pm 

i liked 'em all; up to and including 'live bootleg' (which i like a lot).
after then they began to get spotty to me.

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:22 pm 
Boney Fingers Jones

Geff R. wrote:
Dr. Chris Evil wrote:

I was actually listening to Just Push Play on headphones last night (and it is a great headphones album) and it really not that bad. It has quite a few good songs and one real gem "Jaded".

Try this one late at night with headphones!

ELP

“You can't have everything. Where would you put it?”—Steven Wright

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 pm 

Oh, I thought that was Autograph's That's the Stuff

ICE Mod
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 pm 
Boney Fingers Jones

:D

ELP

“You can't have everything. Where would you put it?”—Steven Wright

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:13 pm 

GodsComic wrote:
Oh, I thought that was Autograph's That's the Stuff

Turn Up the R-aaaaaaadi-ohhhh! :fire:

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  ( Previous  |  Next )

Who is WANline