“♫ We've got a lovely bunch of coconuts ... ♪ Really ... we do.”

Post subject: [2013-09-10] Juliana Hatfield - Wild Animals (PledgeMusic / Ye Olde Records)
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:58 pm 
Top of the Pops 65-68

Critically-acclaimed indie pop-rock singer/songwriter Juliana Hatfield's new home-recorded album of trashy acoustic music is both beautiful and gnarly, continuing her quixotic emotional/musical mining explorations.

1. Sleep - 02:54
2. June 6th - 02:52
3. Spit In The Wind - 02:36
4. Parking Lots - 02:34
5. Dog On A Chain - 02:17
6. Hurt Me - 02:47
7. Tracks - 03:10
8. Push Pin - 02:00
9. Or So They Say - 02:32
10. Love Is Like The Wind - 03:01
11. Never Beg - 03:26

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5N0KQW/?tag=imwan-20

Last edited by Rokin Robin of Locksley on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: [2013-09-10] Juliana Hatfield - Wild Animals (PledgeMusic / Ye Olde Records)
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:59 pm 
Top of the Pops 65-68

Juliana posted this massage on several blogs:

I am going to launch a new solo album crowdfunding campaign at pledgemusic.com at the end of this week. Please stay tuned for details about the exact timing of the launch. -Juliana

Posted: May 27th, 2013
at 11:44am by Juliana

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:52 pm 
I HATE MP3'S, RAPPERS AND CORPORATIONS!

Damn that's fast! Hope it's more like the last originals set, which I love. i really didn't like the covers set all that much.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:29 pm 
Top of the Pops 65-68

posted 6-2-13:
brand new album 2013
Hello! I am making a new album! You are invited!

You saved me. When I really needed your help, you made it possible for me to continue doing the work that I do. My compulsion to make songs and put them out into the world is stronger than ever and so I have so much gratitude to all of you who make it possible for me, still, after all this time.

This is my third Pledge Music project and I am optimistically jumping into it because I have been so encouraged by your energy and your generosity and your many ongoing kindnesses. I am excited to bring this new batch of songs to life. I am going to make a mostly (but not totally) acoustic album but I am not going to overthink or overproduce any performances. It will have the loose energy of, say, my album “Bed”, without all the distortion (but maybe with some) and with more prettiness.

I have found some interesting vintage stuff from my high school days (check out my varsity letter jacket) through the Blake Babies era up until now and also I have made a lot of paintings as I continue to work on my visual art ideas--the list of offerings is long and winding. Throughout this process, as I work on the new recordings, I will be sharing other music with you that you might not have ever heard before, music I have recently unearthed from my vast archives. And some prose writing.

Also, a percentage of whatever money is raised will be given to two animal shelters with which I have had direct experience--the Northeast Animal Shelter in Salem, Massachusetts and Save a Sato in Puerto Rico. We donated money from my first PledgeMusic experience to them both but they still and always need donations to help keep them open and doing the wonderful work that I have seen them do, helping abused and abandoned animals heal and find loving homes, and helping to spay and neuter so that unwanted dogs and cats are not left to suffer and breed more suffering. So if/when you pay for anything here in my list of stuff, remember that part of it is going to a really good cause--you are helping innocent victims of neglect and poverty and hardship--you are making the world a better place.

Lastly, I apologize for having to add and to raise (since last time) some of the shipping rates--the US Postal Service has literally doubled--and more than doubled--some of the rates to countries outside of the U.S. :(

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/hat ... ledgemusic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:03 pm 

Just finished her book. Interesting stuff, she's not a happy person.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:24 am 
Top of the Pops 65-68

revised release date to "end of summer"...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:54 pm 

The other day she put up a free acoustic Download of her doing it Never Rains In Southern California on the Pledge site. I did not have to pledge to get it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:18 pm 

It's called "Wild Animals". There is a leak. Haven't heard it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5N0KQW/?tag=imwan-20

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:26 pm 

She also has 2 exclusive concert downloads on the pledge music site. Bit rate not stated, but they're likely mp3 (grr)

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/hat ... ledgemusic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:48 pm 

A few comments:

I have heard it. It's good; low-fi acoustic this time. Like the recent Sam Phillips it's under 30 minutes, though I THINK if one chooses the download option rather than the real cd option there are extras.

There is a flac option for the main album. Oddly, it's 16/48 (lowest DVD PCM standard, so it MUST be converted to 16/44 before burning as a cd & that reduces the sound quality somewhat from a professionally done 16/44. Also very surprisingly it's horribly brickwalled. As an acoustic based album, that's not as irritating...... but WHY??????

Still don't know if the live stuff is available as flac or just mp3, I posted a question. It's a shame that it isn't clearly noted.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:57 pm 

Rokin Robin of Locksley wrote:
revised release date to "end of summer"...

Damm, she is still a cutie! Tough but sweet. WOW!

Rick A.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:07 pm 

:agree: I suggest reading her very well done autobiography. She is a bit of a tortured soul.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:20 pm 

Geff R. wrote:
:agree: I suggest reading her very well done autobiography. She is a bit of a tortured soul.

Aren't we all to some degree? :wink: Especially artists: Love to meet her though, kind of like the girl from "Silver Lining Playbook".
Love that movie!

Rick A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm 
Top of the Pops 65-68

Updated the first posting for the release date and other Amazon info...

Not sure what she's trying to tell us with the cover art...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 pm 

I'm still waiting for an answer on whether the 2 concert dl's are available in flac. Pledge wrote me a few days ago that they had forwarded my ? to Juliana's "team".

Who is WANline